According to The Wall Street Journal, at least six banks are preparing proposals to finance the Sprint bid to acquire rival T-Mobile. The paper's sources said financing offers "could be in place in January." The bid for T-Mobile, if Sprint decides to make one, is expected to come some time in the first half of 2014.
If Sprint does make a bid it could enter a bidding war with Dish (DISH), which is reportedly contemplating its own bid for T-Mobile. Dish tried to acquire Sprint earlier this year, but lost to Japanese carrier Softbank.
S data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV