EQT (EQT) Showing Signs Of Being Strong And Under The Radar
- EQT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $174.1 million.
- EQT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- EQT has a PE ratio of 39.5.
- EQT is mentioned 0.81 times per day on StockTwits.
- EQT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- EQT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- EQT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- EQT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- EQT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EQT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EQT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EQT: EQT Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company in the United States. It operates in three segments: EQT Production, EQT Midstream, and Distribution. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. EQT has a PE ratio of 39.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate EQT a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for EQT has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EQT has a market cap of $12.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 2% with 1.54 days to cover. Shares are up 48% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EQT as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EQT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 68.97%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.42% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.33% to $398.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EQT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.10%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 176.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $31.87 million to $88.26 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 176.19% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 49.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full EQT Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts