New Lifetime High For Walt Disney (DIS)
- DIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $520.5 million.
- DIS has traded 5.8 million shares today.
- DIS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DIS: The Walt Disney Company operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Interactive. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DIS has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Walt Disney has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walt Disney has a market cap of $124.2 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 2.2% with 5.45 days to cover. Shares are up 41.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.26% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 13.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.38 versus $3.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.93 versus $3.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,244.00 million to $1,394.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 78.17% to $2,735.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DISNEY (WALT) CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.61%.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts