CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CF), announced today that its board of directors has elected W. Anthony Will to the position of president and chief executive officer effective January 2, 2014. The board also has expanded its size to nine directors and appointed Will to the board effective January 2, 2014.
Will will succeed Stephen R. Wilson as the company’s president and chief executive officer effective January 2, 2014. As announced on September 16, 2013, Wilson will remain a director of the company and serve as non-executive chairman.
Will, 48, joined CF Industries in 2007 as the company’s first vice president, corporate development. In 2009, he was promoted to his present position, senior vice president, manufacturing and distribution, with responsibility for annual production of 15 million tons of fertilizer and its distribution through some 70 locations. Will earned a B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Iowa State University and an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead the outstanding team we have assembled at CF Industries. We have an advantaged business model and a demonstrated track record of superior execution and are implementing a set of strategic initiatives that I am confident will create significant value,” Will said. “I want to thank Steve who has provided tremendous leadership over the years and delivered exceptional returns for our shareholders while building a strong company.”In connection with the transition in leadership, the company announced the following realignment of responsibilities:
- Philipp P. Koch, currently senior vice president, supply chain, has been named senior vice president, manufacturing, and will oversee the company’s manufacturing operations and capacity expansion program;
- Bert A. Frost, senior vice president, sales and market development, will have additional responsibility for production planning and distribution facilities; and
- Christopher D. Bohn, currently vice president, corporate planning, will become vice president, supply chain, with responsibility for transportation and raw materials procurement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV