SELMA, Texas, Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the second consecutive year, Fisher® Nuts donated 200,000 meals through a $20,000 donation to the San Antonio Food Bank and the Texas Food Bank Network (TFBN). More than 35 local employees from the Fisher plant in Selma, Texas joined TFBN volunteers for a check presentation ceremony and spent the morning volunteering their time and packing up holiday meals for families in need as part of the Fisher "Shares & Cares" Campaign.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., owner of the Fisher Nuts brand, made the donation to the TFBN for a second year to support their fellow Texans during the holiday season. This year's "Shares & Cares" campaign offered Texans two ways to help: bring food to their TFBN affiliate, or become a Fisher Nuts Facebook fan and 20 holiday meals were donated per "like.""We're honored to support our fellow Texans through this donation for a second year," said Nick Sharma, Selma, Texas plant operations manager for John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., the manufacturer and distributor of Fisher Nuts products. "The Fisher Shares & Cares campaign is a great opportunity for us to support the great state we've called home for more than two decades and help feed hungry Texas families this holiday season." TFBN member food banks distributed 300 million pounds of food in 2012 nourishing over three million Texans through a statewide network of 3,900 soup kitchens, food pantries and local agencies. TFBN also helps food banks build the capacity to end hunger by managing statewide food sourcing and purchasing programs, offering expert technical assistance and training, and spreading food bank innovations and best practices statewide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV