NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading securities and shareholder rights law firm representing investors nationwide, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty by the Board of Directors of The Jones Group ("Jones Group" or the "Company") (NYSE: JNY) concerning the proposed buyout of the Company by Sycamore Partners ("Sycamore") in an all-cash transaction. Under the terms of the proposed transaction, the Company's shareholders will receive $15.00 per share.
The investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the Company's Directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value and by which the Company's Directors considered and approved the transaction. The investigation further seeks to determine wither the board acted for their own self-interests. Indeed analysts have projected that the true going forward inherent value of the Company is at least $18 per share. Further, the stock traded as high as $17.78 per share recently and the book value alone of the Company is worth $14 per share.
If you are a shareholder of Jones Group and would like additional information regarding this matter, at no cost or expense, please contact us at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV