The Finish Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: FINL) today reported results for the 13-weeks ended November 30, 2013.
For the thirteen weeks ended November 30, 2013:
- Consolidated net sales were $364.5 million, an increase of 22.9% over the prior year period.
- Finish Line comparable store sales increased 7.1%.
- On a GAAP basis, diluted earnings per share were $0.05.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share, which excludes the impact of impairment charges, were $0.06.
“We are very pleased with the top and bottom line performance we delivered in the third quarter,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Glenn Lyon. “Our commitment to developing a premier omni-channel platform is strengthening both our customer relationships and our brand partnerships while also reinforcing our market leadership position. We are continually adapting and refining our strategies in this rapidly evolving retail landscape to ensure we meet the needs of today’s empowered consumer. Finish Line is on the right strategic course and is well-positioned to deliver on our near and longer term goals.”
Balance SheetAs of November 30, 2013, consolidated merchandise inventories increased 19.5% to $360.5 million compared to $301.7 million as of December 1, 2012. The increase resulted primarily from the start-up of Macy’s business. For Finish Line, merchandise inventories increased 0.6%. The company repurchased 200,000 shares of its common stock in the third quarter, totaling $5.2 million. The company has 4.1 million shares remaining on its current Board authorized repurchase plan. As of November 30, 2013, the company had no interest-bearing debt and $111.9 million in cash and cash equivalents, compared to $168.2 million a year ago. Outlook For the fiscal year ending March 1, 2014, Finish Line now expects comparable store sales to increase approximately 3%-4% compared to its previous expectation for a low single digit increase. The Company now expects Non-GAAP earnings per share to increase 9% to 12% to $1.60-$1.65 from fiscal year 2013 Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $1.47. This compares to its previous expectation for a mid-single digit increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV