PARIS and CHICAGO, Dec. 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement for the sale of its subsidiary, LGS Innovations LLC, to a US-based company owned by a Madison Dearborn Partners-led investor group that includes CoVant.
The divestment forms part of the commitments outlined by Alcatel-Lucent in The Shift Plan. Announced in June the plan set out the strategy to reposition the company as a specialist in IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access, while reducing its fixed cost structure by Euro 1 billion and making selective asset sales to generate at least Euro 1 billion by the end of 2015.
The cash transaction agreed between Alcatel-Lucent and the Madison Dearborn/CoVant group will comprise a total amount of up to USD$ 200 million, of which 50 per cent will be paid at closing, and up to 50 per cent in a subsequent variable component to be determined on the divested company's results of operations for the 2014 fiscal year. Closing of the transaction is subject to certain conditions, including US Government approvals, and is targeted to occur in the first quarter of 2014.Michel Combes, CEO of Alcatel-Lucent, said: "We have, under The Shift Plan, made a firm commitment to divesting assets as and when the right opportunity arises for Alcatel-Lucent, and for the assets themselves. Today's agreement with Madison Dearborn and CoVant represents the right opportunity for Alcatel-Lucent and LGS Innovations. We wish the LGS team well as they start a new chapter in their long and trusted service to the US Federal Government." LGS Innovations provides secure networking, satellite communications, VoIP, optical routers and other solutions for the US national security, defense, and advanced research communities, and has a heritage as a trusted partner of the US Federal Government extending back over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV