5 Ways to Know It's Time for a Financial Planner
By Mary Beth Storjohann
NEW YORK (AdviceIQ) -- Sometimes it's hard to tell if you need professional help for a problem or if you can handle it yourself, whether it's taking care of a common cold, fixing the sink, changing the oil in your car or doing your own taxes. The same question often arises about finances.
Financial questions pop up that you consider silly or stupid; financial problems arise that you feel you can handle alone and you don't seek help. But as happens often in life generally, not reaching out to a professional can delay you reaching your goals and cause you to incur more out-of-pocket expenses.
There are no stupid questions when it comes to your finances. Don't sit on the sidelines and fear asking a question or think you're unqualified to go to a planner. Solid and respectable planners let you know if they can't help you and refer a professional who can. They also let you know if they think you can plan your finances yourself.Here are signs you may need a financial planner: Workable Wealth an RIA in San Diego. She is a writer, speaker and financial coach who is passionate about working with individuals and couples in their 20s and 30s to help them organize and gain confidence in their financial lives. She has been quoted or featured in various industry publications on the local and national level. You can find her on Twitter at @marybstorj. Follow AdviceIQ on Twitter at @adviceiq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV