We have no idea why winter tourists would busy themselves with the bustle of Tokyo when all of the history and scenic winter landscape lives in this ancient city.
Home to a whopping 17 UNESCO World Heritage sites, a geisha district, ancient temples and Zen rock gardens, Japan's former imperial capital has plenty to woo U.S. tourists even during its coldest season. The lower prices certainly don't hurt.The Hyatt Regency Kyoto offers twin rooms for $230 in January that go for $270 in July. How do you get there? Well, round-trip airfares from the West Coast to Tokyo go for as little as $820 in January and February. Compare that with $1,000 for the rare "cheap" summer excursion, and you have a discount worth delving into.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV