Music City doesn't have a whole lot of down time, but even this city's vibrant venues see traffic slow down in the colder months. Overall, hotels and flights tend to get less expensive during winter as travelers shy away from even the slightest nip in the air. As SmarterTravel discovered, winter flights from the East Coast to Nashville are roughly $100 cheaper than high-season summer flights on similar days of the week.
As New Year's Eve celebrants will discover this week, Nashville has one of the more cost-effective celebrations in the country. Its free party on Lower Broadway features performances by artists such as Hank Williams Jr. and Blackberry Smoke and ends with the Music Note Drop -- which features a 15-foot-tall music note covered in lights making its descent at midnight. It isn't Times Square, but it also isn't a whole lot of expense to cram in behind police fences with hundreds of thousands of other people in what becomes the world's largest latrine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV