S&P 500 (1810.7 on Wednesday) will have an annual value level at 1522.3 with semiannual pivots at 1788.9 and 1747.7 and monthly and quarterly risky levels at 1830.2 and 1879.2. The upside is 3.8% with downside risk of 15.9%.
Nasdaq (4070 on Dec. 18) will have an annual value level at 3424 with semiannual pivots at 3907 and 3873 and monthly and quarterly risky levels at 4219 and 4227. The upside is 4.2% with downside risk of 15.6%.
Dow Transports (7207 on Dec. 18) will have an annual value level at 6163 with quarterly, semiannual and monthly pivots at 7000, 7159 and 7241 and a semiannual risky level at 7333. The upside should be limited to 1.8% with downside risk of 14.5%.
Russell 2000 (1133.72 on Dec. 18) will have an annual value level at 953.42 with semiannual pivots at 1124.14 and 1120.00 and quarterly and monthly risky levels at 1167.05 and 1187.25. The upside is 5.5% with downside risk of 15.3%.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV