NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's been a great 12 months for the shareholders of Lockheed Martin (LMT). A year ago an investor could have purchased shares of LMT for under $86 and enjoyed a dividend yield-to-price of over 5%. But that was then, and today shares trade well above $141 with a dividend yield of 3.75%.
LMT has enjoyed a trailing 12-month operating margin (as of Sept. 29) of around 10% while accomplishing a Return-on-Equity (ROE) of a remarkable 163%.
Analysts and shareholders have been concerned that budget cutbacks and "sequestering" will drive down revenue and earnings per share (EPS) in the months and year ahead.
In fact, the analysts who cover LMT are estimating, on average, that in the current quarter the company will experience between a 5% and 7% drop in revenue. The positive news is the same analysts offer an average estimate that EPS will increase from the year-ago quarter by a relatively healthy 12%.
LMT is a diversified, global aerospace company that makes military aircraft and also has a Information and Global Solutions division, Missiles and Fire Control unit and Mission Systems and Training business.
International sales accounted for nearly 18% of LMT's nearly $46 billion in annual revenue (TTM). Lockheed Martin's brightest chances for a shining and lucrative future may be through its International team which "...works with global Lockheed Martin customers to deliver the company's products, technologies and services to meet their national security and citizen services needs," according to the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV