RALEIGH, N.C., Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The N.C. Utilities Commission (NCUC) has approved a new renewable energy program for certain Duke Energy Carolinas customers in North Carolina.
The Green Source Rider, approved by the NCUC on Dec. 19, is an experimental program designed to give energy-intensive customers, such as manufacturers, data centers, college campuses and big-box retailers, the option of offsetting some or all of their energy consumption from new load – such as a new or expanded facility – with renewable energy.
"We are pleased to offer this new program that may help to promote economic development and growth of renewable energy in the region, and to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals," said Paul Newton, Duke Energy president – North Carolina.The Green Source Rider was filed Nov. 15 in North Carolina by Duke Energy Carolinas. The program is available to Duke Energy Carolinas customers served on rates OPT-G, OPT-H and OPT-I. Customers may elect to offset some or all of their new load with energy generated from renewable energy sources. "This is the first program Duke Energy has developed that gives customers the option to purchase renewable energy to offset new energy consumption," said Newton. "We designed a program that responds to certain customer requests for more renewable energy, but that does not adversely affect other customers." The complete Green Source Rider filing can be viewed here: http://www.duke-energy.com/pdfs/2013111501-addendum.pdf. The NCUC order approving the program can be found at www.ncuc.net (Docket E-7, Sub 1043). Participating customers will make an application to Duke Energy Carolinas requesting an annual amount of energy and renewable energy certificates to be produced or procured over a specific term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV