KBR (NYSE: KBR), a global engineering, construction and services company, announced today that its leading ammonia process technology has been selected by Midwest Fertilizer Corporation for its new fertilizer manufacturing plant in Mt. Vernon, Indiana.
The 2,200 metric ton per day ammonia capacity plant will utilize KBR’s proprietary PurifierTM technology that delivers the lowest proven energy consumption in the industry, reduces capital costs and improves overall plant operations. The undisclosed contract value for KBR will be booked into backlog during the fourth quarter of 2013.
“This is an extremely important project for our client and the people of Indiana,” said John Derbyshire, President, KBR Technology, noting that these facilities have typically increased local economic activity, brought agricultural benefits and added jobs. “As a leader in ammonia process technology and construction for more than 60 years, KBR is well positioned to help our clients deliver projects that serve local communities for decades to come.”
KBR will provide the technology license, basic engineering and design package, and supply of proprietary equipment for the world-scale grassroots facility.KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV