Nike (NKE) Falling In After-Hours Activity
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Nike (NKE) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nike as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NKE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $324.9 million.
- NKE is down 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NKE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NKE NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on NKE: NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, as well as in the provision of services to men, women, and kids worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. NKE has a PE ratio of 26.3. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Nike a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.The average volume for Nike has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nike has a market cap of $54.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.54 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.07 days to cover. Shares are up 52.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nike as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.43% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.68% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NKE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NIKE INC has improved earnings per share by 35.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NIKE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.70 versus $2.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.05 versus $2.70).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 37.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $567.00 million to $780.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NKE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NKE has a quick ratio of 2.30, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV