As part of its aggressive work keeping financial institutions on top of regulatory developments, compliance and risk management, FIS™ (NYSE: FIS), the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology, announced today that it has launched the financial services industry’s first comprehensive e-learning suite that will train financial institutions to comply with new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) rules coming into effect next month.
(Photo: Business Wire)
Beginning in January 2014, all U.S. banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, consumer finance companies, loan servicers and other financial services institutions will face new regulations from the CFPB, as part of various Dodd-Frank Act provisions. Included in those regulations are new rules for mortgage loan originators (MLOs) employed by federally insured depository institutions to be fully trained on state laws.
FIS’ suite of 15 e-learning programs is the first to train a financial institution to fully comply with all new CFPB regulations and will be available automatically to FIS’ Regulatory University clients.
“In such a highly regulated industry and environment, it’s vital that financial services companies can quickly and effectively train their staff,” said Sai Huda, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance (EGRC) Solutions, FIS. “FIS’ comprehensive solution helps institutions avoid fines, penalties and other exposures from noncompliance with CFPB rules. It also is the first to cover the state law and regulation training requirement and contains a one-of-a-kind 300-page student guide covering all 50 states and the District of Columbia.”Below are the training programs, listed by CFPB rule effective dates: Jan. 1, 2014
- Regulation Z Registered MLO State Training
- Regulation Z Loan Originator Compensation
- Regulation Z Loan Originator Qualifications
- Regulation Z Ability-to-Repay and Qualified Mortgage Rules
- Regulation Z High-Cost Mortgages
- Mortgage Servicing Introduction
- Mortgage Servicing Collections
- Mortgage Servicing Customer Inquiries and Complaints
- Mortgage Servicing Early Intervention
- Mortgage Servicing Escrow Accounts and Force-Placed Insurance
- Mortgage Servicing Loss Mitigation and Foreclosure
- Mortgage Servicing Payment Processing and Account Maintenance
- Mortgage Servicing Transfers
- Regulation B Appraisals
- Regulation Z Higher-Priced Mortgage Loans
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts