Not only can the company produce a holiday tear with the best of them ...
It can still bring product.To that end, a Real Money article by Eric Jackson of TheStreet speaks to what I convey here. (Jackson's insights alone make a Real Money subscription more than worth the nominal cost). In any event, Jackson argues that for AAPL to reach $700 in 2014, it needs to not only execute its anticipated product pipeline but ...
come up with some exciting new product that suddenly is a "must have" product for all Apple users. I can't say what such a product will be but I'm sure that Apple is capable of creating it. If they could come up with another iPad-like revenue stream from nothing, Wall Street would once again come rushing from the sidelines to own this stock.That's a logical point of view. In fact, it's one I shared for a quite a while. To a certain extent, I still do. My Dec. 9, 2013, article, Apple Will Disrupt and Destroy When It's Ready, fleshes out my thinking along those lines. But I think one thing Jackson is missing as a major catalyst for AAPL stock in 2014 is the forthcoming holiday quarter (this October-November-December) conference call to be held in late January. On that call, Apple will, once again -- though definitively this time -- separate men from boys. We will see that iPad, particularly iPad Mini w/ Retina Display and iPad Air, ruled the holiday season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV