Apple Inc. AAPL is now taking orders for its Made in the USA Mac Pro.
Apple Inc. (AAPL) said last year it was moving production of its Mac Pro computers to the U.S., and the company has delivered. Starting today, Apple will start accepting orders for the new Mac Pro, which was made in the U.S. According to Time, this is the first product in Apple’s $100 million push for products which are “Made in the USA.” That push was announced in October.
Apple CEO tweets about Mac Pro
Apple CEO Tim Cook tweeted the news about the Mac Pro launch. The desktop computer is not only put together in the U.S., but it is also made up of components which are manufactured in the U.S. It weighs 11 pounds and is 9.9 inches in height.
The computer is designed to run at double the speed of the previous Mac Pro mode, but it will use approximately 70% less power. It comes with a hefty price tag too—$3,000. It features a 3.7 GHz quad-core processor from Intel, 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage. Its graphics performance is also said to be eight times that of the previous Mac Pro computer. And if you want the six-core mode which comes with 16 GB of RAM, then you’ll have to form over $4,000.The computer also has a unique cylindrical design, making it not only extra-speedy, but also ultra-stylish for those who care about the way their computer looks. According to NBC News, Apple Inc. (AAPL) claims that the cylindrical design allows for maximum air flow and even heat distribution throughout the core of the computer. Apple said the unique design is why it was able to make it so much more powerful than last year’s model while also making it half as loud as the last version.
Apple’s Mac Pro to have small effectHowever, because of the declining PC market, the computer is expected to have little effect on Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s bottom line. Piper Jaffray analyst is projecting that it will make up just 1% of Apple’s full-year sales in 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV