Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- For the first time this millennium, we have a true bull market, Jim Cramer declared on "Mad Money" Friday. After completing the best week in over five months, Cramer said there's a lot more brewing in the markets than just a Santa Claus rally.
Cramer called 2013 a pivotal year for the markets, one where a switch was made from just making up lost ground to one that's truly making forward progress. There are still many cynics, and many investors may not even remember the last true bull markets in the 1980s and 1990s. But the signs are all around us.
Every bull market needs five things:1. Issues Resolved Positively -- Despite all the worry, the big issues from Washington to Cyprus all seem to be working out OK after all. 2. Bountiful Profits -- Profits are the cornerstone of every bull market, and companies are making money hand over fist. 3. Companies Creating Value -- Mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs, breakups, dividends: Companies are doing all they can to unlock value. 4. Improving Job Market -- More economic activity leads to more spending, which leads to more jobs. 5. No Inflation -- Skeptics may be worried about inflation, but so far there's none to be found.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV