2. As of noon trading, Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) is down $0.38 (-1.6%) to $22.76 on average volume. Thus far, 5.6 million shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $22.34-$22.85 after having opened the day at $22.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.14. Newmont Mining Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and production of gold and copper properties. The company's assets or operations are located in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Mexico, and New Zealand. Newmont Mining Corporation has a market cap of $11.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 50.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Newmont Mining Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Newmont Mining Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally high debt management risk. Get the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts