3. As of noon trading, Goldcorp ( GG) is down $0.25 (-1.2%) to $20.89 on average volume. Thus far, 5.2 million shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $20.54-$20.90 after having opened the day at $20.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.14. Goldcorp Inc. engages in the acquisition, development, exploration, and operation of precious metal properties in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central and South America. It primarily explores for gold ores, as well as for silver, copper, lead, and zinc ores. Goldcorp has a market cap of $17.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 42.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Goldcorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Goldcorp as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Goldcorp Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts