I have people on Twitter
(TWTR) challenging me to take the test and use Yahoo! Mail for a week, as if I am missing some elusive secret that, yes, most Web-based mail programs suck. Including Yahoo!'s.
It's hardly an exception.
And I have never claimed it is.
In fact, I have always been indifferent to Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, any of Microsoft's (MSFT) professional solutions and any other email account you access via the Web. If you're serious about email -- as in the email you send and receive is in some way, shape or form important -- you're, pardon my blunt edge, an idiot for relying on a web-based platform in the first place.That should be the opening segue into any discussion over the dual issues a tortured few continue to obsess over with regards to Yahoo! Mail:
- Generally, the new Yahoo! Mail design stinks (Newsflash: The old one stunk as well!)
- The recent tech-related outage Yahoo! Mail experienced is an outrage and should be viewed as a harbinger of doom for the company.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts