However, TheStreet's Debra Borchardt suggested the selling isn't all that bad when analyzed.
Zuckerberg plans to sell 41.4 million shares for an estimated $2.3 billion to pay taxes on a stock-option purchase of 60 million Class B shares, Borchardt said.
She said Zuckerberg's voting power would drop to 56.1% from 58.8%, which is still a rather sizable stake.The secondary includes what Zuckerberg is selling plus 27 million shares from the company and 1.65 million shares from board member Marc Andreessen, she said. Borchardt noted that FB will be added to the S&P 500 at the close of trading on Friday. Facebook shares are up over 100% in 2013. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV