NEW YORK (RealMoney) -- Apple (AAPL) has gone from being a value stock in 2010 to a momentum stock in 2012, and then back to a value stock for most of this year. After spending most of 2013 in the red -- at one point down 30% for the year -- it's now up 3% for the year.
Many are wondering where it can go in 2014 and if it can get back to $700. I think it can, but to go far beyond it will need more than the rumored new products of a TV and a watch.
To get back to the $700 level next year, Apple just has to perform. That means it just basically has to keep putting one foot in front of the other on its current trajectory with the existing product line-up.
In 2014, Apple fans can look forward to:
- An iPhone 6 with a larger screen size;
- A totally revamped iOS -- even beyond the current update and break from the old Scott Forstall days;
- An actual Apple TV;
- An iWatch or iBand to help you track your health information;
- Probably some version of iOS in your car;
- The regular revamping of the product line;
- A continued growth of iTunes and App Stores revenue from the growing iOS user base;
- A deal with China Mobile that moves significant volumes of iPhones there.
-- Written by Eric Jackson for RealMoney
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV