The Santa Index 2013: Santa's Duties Worth Almost $138,000
You think you multi-task? Here's just a sample:
- Manufacturing executive: As an industrial engineer, Santa keeps the toy factory operational 364 days of the year. Annual pay for eight hours a day: $114,937.
- Negotiator: Santa spends approximately 30 minutes a day as a labor relations specialist, resolving disputes among the elves, dealing with job complaints and coordinating grievance procedures. Annual pay for 30 minutes a day: $4,931.
- Investigator: Determining whether you're naughty or nice takes good detective work. Santa squeezes his private investigative duties into one hour a day, 30 days a year. Annual pay: $733.
- Reindeer tender: Making sure the reindeer have enough food, water and shelter is only part of it. There's also refereeing the reindeer games, putting a halt to the mean name-calling and making sure that a certain red-nosed member of the herd is ready for the big night. Annual pay as a ranch worker for one hour every day: $4,219.
- List checker: As a bookkeeper and auditing clerk, Santa not only checks the list -- he checks it twice. Annual pay for an hour a day 30 days a year: $529.
- Sleigh driver: With all his years of service, Santa has trillions of safe rooftop takeoffs and landings under his belt and has logged more miles than any pilot in the world. Pay for one night as a flight engineer: $619.
Fortunately, Santa never calls in sick. But if he did, who should take his place?
That's according to the largest share of respondents in Insure.com's survey. Among actors who have played Santa, Allen, star of the 1994 film, "The Santa Clause," came out on top, with 27 percent of respondents saying he should get the job if Santa had to stay in bed.The second choice was Bill Gates. Here's how the voting played out:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV