Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today it has launched a campaign to help people understand changes in health care coverage prompted by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the state and federal health exchanges. The “Humana Helps” campaign reflects new – and ongoing – initiatives designed to ensure that anyone (Humana members and non-members alike) who has questions about health reform gets the answers they need.
As part of the campaign, the company launched HumanaHelps.com, where consumers can find information and tools that will help them navigate reform, including the ACA’s new exchanges. Americans have until Monday, Dec. 23, to enroll in a health plan through the exchanges for coverage to take effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
HumanaHelps.com includes “ Easy Price,” an easy-to-use online estimating tool that calculates relevant rates in a person’s area – whether from Humana or another health care company – to help them more easily calculate, and compare, plans so they can make the best choice for their health coverage needs. Individuals can also explore available government subsidies to see if they qualify.
“Humana wants to do what we can to help people understand their health care options,” said Jody Bilney, Humana’s Chief Consumer Officer. “With Humana Helps, we’re giving people the tools and information they need to make informed decisions about the future of their health care. Humana is devoted to clearing up any confusion consumers may have via our new website ( www.humanahelps.com), our 24/7 call center and in-person seminars.”The company also published a full-page “Letter to America” in major newspapers this week from Humana President and Chief Executive Officer Bruce Broussard. The letter, and a related YouTube video, describe the elements of Humana Helps and invite consumers to contact Humana if they have questions. The Humana Helps campaign focuses on new initiatives as well as ongoing ones. Highlights include:
- In addition to the Easy Price tool, Humana call center hours will now be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until Dec. 23, to answer all Americans’ questions relating to health care reform. To speak by phone with a Humana representative, call 1-800-222-1679.
- Trained Humana health care experts will be in hundreds of retail stores nationwide. Additionally, educational seminars are being held at select YMCA locations around the country. Individuals can visit HumanaHelps.com to find an event near them.
- Humana Helps will also feature a weekly video series dedicated to answering questions from consumers by Humana experts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV