The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) Baccalaureate/Graduate Degree Board of Commissioners recently awarded Colorado Technical University (CTU) initial accreditation of key business programs*.
“Colorado Technical University has shown its commitment to teaching excellence and to the process of quality improvement by participating in the accreditation process,” said ACBSP Director of Accreditation Steve Parscale, who will present the Certificate of Initial Accreditation at the 2014 ACBSP Annual Conference in Chicago on June 29, 2014. “This accreditation is evidence that Colorado Technical University is committed to providing the highest quality business education for their students.”
Established in 1988, ACBSP is the only organization offering specialized business accreditation for all degree levels, from associate to doctoral degree programs. ACBSP accreditation certifies that the teaching and learning processes within the Business & Management degree programs* offered at CTU meet the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP.
“While many factors contribute to a good business program, I think faculty is the most important factor,” said Dr. Constance Johnson, provost and chief academic officer of CTU. “And, we are fortunate to have exemplary professors helping to enrich the minds of our students through sharing their real-world examples and going that extra mile.”Key reasons that secured this accreditation included:
- Curricula that address the common professional components of quality business programs;
- Robust structures and processes, including an advisory board and several surveys, that provide input from students, employers and other stakeholders for the purpose of improving business programs and services;
- A focus on deploying highly qualified and experienced faculty teaching undergraduate courses;
- A standardized, multi-year cycle for assessing student learning that includes systematic faculty review of student assignments and results in the implementation of recommended improvements; and
- Emphasis on process and program improvements designed to provide excellent instruction.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts