Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 12/23/13, Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (CY) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.11, payable on 1/16/14. As a percentage of CY's recent stock price of $10.07, this dividend works out to approximately 1.09%, so look for shares of Cypress Semiconductor Corp. to trade 1.09% lower — all else being equal — when CY shares open for trading on 12/23/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for CY, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.11 declared by Cypress Semiconductor Corp.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from CY is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 4.37% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of CY shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, CY's low point in its 52 week range is $8.61 per share, with $13.23 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $10.07.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, CY makes up 2.10% of the SPDR S&P Semiconductor ETF (XSD) which is trading lower by about 0.9% on the day Thursday. In Thursday trading, Cypress Semiconductor Corp. shares are currently off about 1.7% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV