Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) ( http://www.groupon.com) today announced two new solutions for last-minute shoppers: the Grouponvelope and the digital gift voucher. With these new options, Groupon lets local merchants who do not have a gift card program reach millions of customers looking for last-minute but thoughtful holiday gift ideas.
Screen shot of Groupon's new Grouponvelope gift card option at Groupon.com (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Many merchants don’t have the resources to invest in the same digital gifting solutions provided by national retailers, and they miss out on sales that are important to their bottom line,” said Groupon CEO Eric Lefkofsky. “Our new gifting solutions create a level playing field for local merchants and effortless last-minute holiday shopping for consumers.”
Groupon’s new gifting solutions help businesses capitalize on increased demand during the holiday season and provide a great value to customers looking to stretch their gifting dollar.
The digital gift vouchers and Grouponvelope and are available for virtually every deal on Groupon.com, including travel experiences from Groupon Getaways and products from Groupon Goods. Once the purchase process begins and “Give as a gift” is clicked, shoppers can choose “Electronic Style” or “Print Style.”With “Electronic Style,” the gift giver can choose from four different electronic envelope themes and select a delivery date at checkout. The animated e-card will arrive on the selected delivery date. With “Print Style,” the gift giver can print out a specially designed gift Grouponvelope that can be cut and folded into a holiday-themed envelope and card. Detailed instructions on how to assemble the Grouponvelope are illustrated in the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzwKg3vDFP8. Popular e-gifts have included: prix fixe dinners, massages, painting classes, electronics and warm weather destinations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV