NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Priceline.com, a leader in mobile travel and part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), announced today the launch of a newly designed iPhone App for Apple's latest iOS7 mobile operating system. The app, which is Passbook-enabled for hotels, lets travelers browse and book hotel rooms, rental cars and airline tickets, and can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store.
Today's announcement is part of priceline.com's continuing commitment to develop customized native apps for the expanding universe of mobile phones, tablets and other devices. "Within iOS7, the Priceline app is able to strip away earlier 'boxy' looks and extra screens to create a visually engaging experience where travelers have all the necessary information in front of them, even on a small screen, and can effortlessly make travel plans and book their reservations," said John Caine, Chief Product Officer of priceline.com.
Numerous enhancements are built into the new app, including:
- Native iOS7 look and feel. Gone are the boxy bordered icons and buttons, and lighter iOS7 type colors and fonts are easy on the eyes.
- Appealing 2D imaging. Priceline.com leveraged parallax scrolling technology to give hotel detail screens a sense of depth and increased perspective.
- Zoom-able location maps begin with the close-in perspective to give travelers a quick view of the hotel's exact location. Descriptions also prominently show each hotel's customer satisfaction scores, including how previous guests rated its cleanliness, staff, dining and location.
- Bedding options are front-and-center on the room rate selection screen for published priced hotels when available.
- Maps are now displayed for Name Your Own Price® and Express Deals® up front, before a traveler selects a neighborhood and desired star level.
- Faster hotel checkout screens with fewer required fields. The app makes it even easier to pay with PayPal at most hotels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts