The U.S. Navy has awarded BAE Systems a three-year, $171 million contract to continue providing engineering and integration support to its Fleet Ballistic Missile Program. Specifically, the work will focus on the Navy’s Trident II D-5 submarine-launched ballistic missiles.
BAE Systems will continue to provide engineering and integration support to the U.S. Navy's Fleet Ballistic Missile Program. (Photo: BAE Systems)
The company has supported the Navy’s Trident D-5 program for more than 50 years, including during the evolution of the program through the Polaris, Poseidon, and Trident lifecycles. The current design and development of the U.S./U.K. Common Missile Compartment is part of the Ohio Class Submarine replacement program.
“This win is a direct reflection of the commitment our team shares with the Navy in safeguarding the nation’s nuclear deterrent,” says Kris Busch, vice president and general manager of Maritime & Defense Solutions at BAE Systems. “We’re honored the Navy continues to entrust us with such a critical program.”
BAE Systems’ support for the Fleet Ballistic Missile program is performed in Kings Bay, Georgia; Bangor, Washington; Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania; Norfolk, Virginia; and the Washington, D.C., area.The Trident win is the latest award for BAE Systems in the arena of nuclear deterrent capability. Earlier this year, the U.S. Air Force awarded the company an eight-year, $534 million contract to maintain the readiness of the nation’s intercontinental ballistic missiles. That work involves supporting the missile, ground, and launch systems for 450 deployed Minuteman III missiles. BAE Systems is now well positioned to support increased commonality between the Navy and Air Force on strategic missile programs, a key U.S. Department of Defense initiative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV