), a global leader in flash storage solutions, and
), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that Avnet will offer a wide portfolio of flash-based hardware and software solutions from SanDisk to its customers throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific and Latin America
Avnet Electronics Marketing
Avnet Technology Solutions
operating groups. This worldwide distribution agreement enables SanDisk to leverage Avnet’s global scale, scope and unique solutions distribution model, making it even easier for CIOs, IT leaders and manufacturing decision-makers from around the world to purchase and implement SanDisk’s cutting-edge solid-state storage and embedded flash memory solutions.
With this agreement, Avnet becomes one of the first global distributors for the rapidly growing
SanDisk Commercial Business Channel
, which offers client and enterprise-grade solid state drives (SSDs) and embedded flash computing products through channel partners. This enables Avnet to make available a variety of business and commercial solutions to its partners, including value-added resellers (VARs), embedded original equipment manufacturer (OEM) developers, system integrators (SIs), system builders (SBs) and direct market resellers (DMRs).
“Just as flash storage transformed the consumer electronics market, it is now delivering significant performance and cost-savings to businesses, including transforming both data center and client computing economics. Flash storage is also bringing unprecedented functionality to many industrial sector applications, such as manufacturing equipment, medical instrumentation and automotive infotainment,” said Henri Richard, senior vice president, Worldwide Commercial Sales and Support, SanDisk. “Avnet’s deep understanding of storage and customer-centric approach makes them a logical distribution partner for SanDisk’s flash-based commercial products and enables us to further expand our leadership in this growing market.”
Starting today, products available through Avnet will include:
- Solid-state solutions to enhance data center performance (includes: Lightning® and Optimus® SAS Enterprise SSDs, CloudSpeed SATA Enterprise SSDs, Lightning® PCIe Enterprise Solid State Accelerators, and FlashSoft® server acceleration software from SanDisk);
- Client SSDs to boost PC and notebook speed, responsiveness and boot-up times (includes SanDisk® X210 SSD and the SanDisk® X110 SSD in a variety of form factors); and
- SanDisk embedded flash storage solutions for commercial use in technology products from a wide range of industries, from automotive to manufacturing to communications.
SanDisk products purchased through Avnet can be combined with complementary products offered by Avnet to create complete business and commercial solutions for end customers. Avnet will also provide its partners with a wide range of education, resources, services and tools designed to help accelerate the profitable growth of their storage businesses. This includes:
- Targeted customer marketing to help identify sales opportunities.
- The creation of design kits and participation in evaluation programs to help customers develop solutions using SanDisk technology.
“The addition of SanDisk further enhances our global technology portfolio with products from one of the most recognized and trusted brands in flash storage,” said Phil Gallagher, global president, Avnet Technology Solutions. “The combination of Avnet’s technical expertise and sophisticated integration capabilities, with SanDisk’s proven flash products, enables our channel partners to not only address the growing demand for flash-based storage solutions in the commercial market, but also create complete solutions that provide a competitive edge in the markets they serve around the globe.”