SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, and Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, today announced that Avnet will offer a wide portfolio of flash-based hardware and software solutions from SanDisk to its customers throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific and Latin America through its Avnet Electronics Marketing and Avnet Technology Solutions operating groups. This worldwide distribution agreement enables SanDisk to leverage Avnet’s global scale, scope and unique solutions distribution model, making it even easier for CIOs, IT leaders and manufacturing decision-makers from around the world to purchase and implement SanDisk’s cutting-edge solid-state storage and embedded flash memory solutions.
With this agreement, Avnet becomes one of the first global distributors for the rapidly growing SanDisk Commercial Business Channel, which offers client and enterprise-grade solid state drives (SSDs) and embedded flash computing products through channel partners. This enables Avnet to make available a variety of business and commercial solutions to its partners, including value-added resellers (VARs), embedded original equipment manufacturer (OEM) developers, system integrators (SIs), system builders (SBs) and direct market resellers (DMRs).
“Just as flash storage transformed the consumer electronics market, it is now delivering significant performance and cost-savings to businesses, including transforming both data center and client computing economics. Flash storage is also bringing unprecedented functionality to many industrial sector applications, such as manufacturing equipment, medical instrumentation and automotive infotainment,” said Henri Richard, senior vice president, Worldwide Commercial Sales and Support, SanDisk. “Avnet’s deep understanding of storage and customer-centric approach makes them a logical distribution partner for SanDisk’s flash-based commercial products and enables us to further expand our leadership in this growing market.”
Starting today, products available through Avnet will include:
- Solid-state solutions to enhance data center performance (includes: Lightning® and Optimus® SAS Enterprise SSDs, CloudSpeed SATA Enterprise SSDs, Lightning® PCIe Enterprise Solid State Accelerators, and FlashSoft® server acceleration software from SanDisk);
- Client SSDs to boost PC and notebook speed, responsiveness and boot-up times (includes SanDisk® X210 SSD and the SanDisk® X110 SSD in a variety of form factors); and
- SanDisk embedded flash storage solutions for commercial use in technology products from a wide range of industries, from automotive to manufacturing to communications.
- Targeted customer marketing to help identify sales opportunities.
- The creation of design kits and participation in evaluation programs to help customers develop solutions using SanDisk technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV