5 Spots for Really Last-Minute Christmas Shopping
Cash-hungry retail chains
Kohl's opened its doors Dec. 20 and won't close them until tonight at 6 -- which gave you 111 consecutive hours to make up for your sloth. Toys R Us opened at 6 a.m. Dec. 21 and won't shut until 9 tonight.
Those are the die-hards.Alternately, Target has been open from 7 a.m. to midnight since Dec. 21 and will be open Christmas Eve until 9 or 10, depending on location. Nordstrom started closing at 11 p.m. Dec. 18 and will be open on Christmas Eve from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. If the big box stores were cool with hosting Black Friday sales in July and tempting shoppers into missing Thanksgiving dessert, there was no way they were going to miss out on those last-minute holiday purchases. The kind elves at the blog Offers.com put together a list of all the stores open Christmas Eve, and it's not exactly short. Best Buy, Costco, Sears, JCPenney, Wal-Mart and Barnes & Noble were among the retailers open last Christmas Eve, but have been coy about their Christmas Eve plans this year. What is certain, however, is that none have expressed any enthusiasm for opening Christmas Day. If you haven't wrapped up by the end of the day today, chances are you're not getting gifts from any of the above tomorrow morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV