- Total sales increased 10% compared to the prior year with core sales growth of 5% (total sales excluding the impact of acquisitions, divestitures and foreign exchange rates), acquisitions contributing 6% and unfavorable foreign exchange rate changes of 1%.
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations (“EPS”) were $0.44, a 7% increase compared to the prior year.
- Strong cash flow from operations of $33 million, up from $12 million in the comparable prior year period.
- Repurchased 0.4 million shares of common stock for $15 million in the quarter.
- Introduced second quarter EPS guidance in the range of $0.29-0.33 per share.
- Completed the previously announced sale of the Electrical segment for $258 million in gross proceeds on December 13, 2013.
Actuant Reports First Quarter Results; Reaffirms Fiscal 2014 Guidance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.