Trade-Ideas: Rite Aid Corporation (RAD) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
- RAD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $155.0 million.
- RAD traded 133,450 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:39 AM.
- RAD is down 7.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RAD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RAD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RAD: Rite Aid Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates a chain of retail drugstores in the United States. RAD has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Rite Aid Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Rite Aid Corporation has been 29.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Rite Aid has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.71 and a short float of 5.4% with 1.34 days to cover. Shares are up 326.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rite Aid Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RAD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 160.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 427.35% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 341.63% to $79.47 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RITE AID CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -54.43%.
- The gross profit margin for RITE AID CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.14%. Regardless of RAD's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.52% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Rite Aid Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts