PLANO, Texas, Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PepsiCo's Frito-Lay North America division today announced the winners of its 2013 "Score for Your School" promotion which invited consumers throughout the state of Texas to help raise funds for their public high school sports programs. A total of $50,000 in prize money was awarded to six public high schools from around the state. One school from each of Texas' five divisional classes received prize money, including an additional school in Division 2A where there was a tie.
"High school sports programs teach students important skills like leadership, teamwork and cooperation —the kinds of skills that ensure success both on and off the field," said Juan Carlos Ruck, regional vice president of sales — Texas for Frito-Lay North America. "We designed the 'Score for Your School' promotion as an easy way for fans all across the state to get involved and support these local programs."
As part of Frito-Lay's "Score for Your School" promotion, thousands of fans entered the Universal Product Code from their favorite Frito-Lay snacks on the www.scoreforyourschool.com website to earn points for the Texas public high school of their choice. Each public high school was grouped according to its listing in Texas' five divisional classes (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A and 5A). The complete list of 2013 "Score for Your School" winners includes:
- Division 1A: Trenton High School ($10,000)
- Division 2A: Rosebud- Lott High School ($5,000) and Alvord High School ($5,000)
- Division 3A: Navasota High School ($10,000)
- Division 4A: Rio Grande City High School ($10,000)
- Division 5A: United High School (10,000)
Frito-Lay representatives will now travel across the state to present checks to the winning schools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV