DineEquity, Inc. ( NYSE:DIN), the parent company of Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar® and IHOP® restaurants, today announced the appointment of Daniel del Olmo as president, international, effective December 16, 2013. Mr. del Olmo, who most recently served as Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Wyndham Hotel Group for Wyndham Worldwide, was instrumental in the international growth of multiple hotel brands at Wyndham.
With the hiring of Mr. del Olmo, DineEquity will for the first time consolidate its international operations and development for the Applebee’s and IHOP brands. Mr. del Olmo, who will be based in DineEquity’s corporate headquarters in Glendale, CA, will lead a single team that will serve the needs of international franchisees and work to grow the global footprint of DineEquity’s iconic brands.
“A fundamental priority wherever we do business is to capitalize on every opportunity to leverage the full power of DineEquity and help our franchisees succeed and grow,” said Julia A. Stewart, DineEquity, Inc. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “The success of all our franchisees across the globe is our mission, and the key to the worldwide success and growth of DineEquity is a focus on developing each brand’s unique presence around the world. In Daniel, we have found a tremendous leader who has a track record of success.”
Mr. del Olmo served 11 years at Wyndham in senior management positions with global scope, and previously served in international roles with Amadeus Global Travel Distribution and Melia Hotels International. During his tenure, Wyndham’s international presence experienced significant growth and now includes over 1,200 hotels in 66 countries. Mr. del Olmo also laid the groundwork for future international growth and oversaw the execution of several multi-unit transactions to develop Super8 and Travelodge hotels in Brazil.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV