Technip Awarded Four Contracts For Life Of Field Services In The North Sea
Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) (ADR:TKPPY) was awarded four contracts by Shell UK, Fairfield Energy, Ithaca Energy and TAQA during 2013. As the longevity of fields represents a key challenge for the energy industry, Technip aims to deliver a suite of subsea maintenance services including inspection, repair, maintenance, decommissioning, asset integrity management as well as brownfield construction.
More specifically, Technip has delivered, or is in the process of delivering, the following scopes of work:
- Diving operations to prepare for decommissioning of the Shell Delta Brent facilities, under a newly-awarded framework agreement to support its UK and Norway assets,
- Intelligent pigging operations for Fairfield Energy’s Merlin field development (Completed September/October 2013),
- Light construction work for Ithaca Energy on the Causeway field,
- Conductor Centraliser maintenance services for TAQA’s Harding field.
Technip’s operating center in Aberdeen, United Kingdom, is managing the projects, scheduled for completion by the end of January 2014. The specialized work scopes, which equate to around 75 vessel days, have utilized the Group’s diving support vessels, including the Orelia, Skandi Arctic and Skandi Achiever.Steve Beddows, Business Manager of Life of Field Services (LOFS) at Technip, comments: “We provide our clients with a complete range of life of field services with each scope demanding a specific set of core skills and expertise. We are keen to assist operators as they look to prolong the longevity of their fields in the UK Continental Shelf and beyond. The LOFS market is growing apace and these new awards underpin our capabilities in this area.” ° ° ° Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 38,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and traded in the USA on the OTCQX marketplace (OTCQX: TKPPY).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts