AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Dodge Dart, Avenger and Chrysler 200 sedans score "good" ratings in four key IIHS tests
- Sixth time IIHS has commended Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200 sedans
- All safety features available on Avenger and 200 sedans are standard equipment
- Dodge Dart lauded by IIHS every year it's been on market
- Dodge Dart also has 5-star safety rating from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The 2014 Dodge Dart, Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200 sedans have achieved Top Safety Pick ratings from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS).
The announcement, made today, marks the sixth time the IIHS has commended the Avenger and 200 mid-size sedans. Meanwhile, the insurance industry organization has hailed the Dart compact sedan each year since it arrived on the market in 2012.
All three vehicles feature significant advanced-technology steel content, which enhances structural integrity. The Dart's 68 percent content ratio of high-strength steel is among the highest in the industry.The first Chrysler Group product to utilize a vehicle architecture inspired by alliance partner Fiat S.p.A., the Dart also boasts a 5-star safety rating based on crash tests performed by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. To achieve a 2014 IIHS Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must achieve a rating of "good" in each of the following tests:
- moderate-overlap frontal crash
- side impact
- roof strength