XI'AN, China, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL), the global professional services firm specializing in real estate, today announces the opening of its Xi'an Office, with Chiao Sheng appointed as the Managing Director. This new office marks the Firm's 11th in Mainland China and 14th in Greater China.
Jones Lang LaSalle started in West China with Chengdu in 2005,and building on good business growth, opened its Chongqing office in 2011. Xi'an is now another key milestone in West China with its strategic location. "As we mark our 20th anniversary in Mainland China in 2014, the opening of the new Xi'an office further demonstrates our commitment to solidify our service delivery platform in China," said KK Fung, Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle, Greater China.
As the capital city of Shaanxi Province, Xi'an holds an important position in Northwest China with its economic advantages connecting East China and West China. Xi'an is not only the starting point of the ancient Silk Road, but also a core city in the new 'Silk Road Economic Belt', linking European and Asian economies. The competitiveness of the city stems from its strong cultural identity and strength in education and research capabilities. In addition, Xi'an has a great potential for growth in the real estate sector because of its underlying demographics that supports robust retail markets and industrial diversification.
With more than 20 years of commercial real estate experience in Taiwan, China and the United States, Chiao Sheng , the newly appointed Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle's Xi'an office, expressed, "I am honored and thrilled to take up this exciting role. Our experienced team will provide a full range of professional real estate services to users, investors and developers of real estate in Xi'an, and we are dedicated to the city's development." Chiao has extensive knowledge in the planning and operation of commercial real estate projects; he is highly recognized in the retail industry. He led the Chengdu Retail team to its market-leading position in West China through quality services in many landmark projects.Jones Lang LaSalle undertook its first project in Xi'an in 2004 and has worked on several landmark projects in the city, including:
- Xi'an Greenland Center: Positioning, design review, sole leasing agency, operation and opening consultancy for its commercial section (45,000 sqm)
- Xi'an International Center: Highest and best use (HBU) analysis and property management consultancy (over 1 million sqm)
- Xi'an Gemdale Qujiang New District project: Positioning, design review and sole leasing agency (86,957 sqm)
- Da Minggong project of Century Ginwa Group: Positioning, design review, sole leasing agency and consultancy (over 210,000 sqm)
- CapitaMall Xi'an: Office sole leasing agency (33,000 sqm)
- Chang'an Metropolis Center: Full property and asset management service (over 270,000 sqm)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV