Trump Tees Up the Blue Monster, Nobody Does It Better
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Trump National Doral in Miami is home to a handful of phenomenal, world-renowned golf courses that any golf enthusiast is certain to enjoy -- the Red Course, the Great White Course, the Jim McLean Signature Course, the Gold Course and, the brand new championship course, the Blue Monster.
These courses offer golfers a challenge like no other, leaving guests astounded and awe-inspired by the thoroughly-planned golf complex and intricate landscaping around every turn.
The Blue Monster in particular, originally constructed in 1961, has proven itself worthy of global recognition.
From 1962 to 2006 the Blue Monster hosted the Doral Open, a professional golf tournament on the PGA Tour, and since 2007 it has been home to the WGC-Cadillac Championship, bringing in big-time pros like Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. Earlier this year Tiger won the coveted Cadillac Championship by dominating the Blue Monster with a score of 19-under (269), and he earned $1.5 million after winning the championship for the seventh time.The Blue Monster -- considered a crown jewel -- along with the four other courses nearby, represents prime real estate and a valuable asset for any intelligent investor, so it's no wonder that Donald Trump decided to purchase the Doral Golf Resort himself last year. In fact, Ivanka Trump, Mr. Trump's daughter, played a major role in purchasing the Doral Golf Resort, and the family paid just shy of $150 Million, a bargain price, thanks to Ivanka's savvy negotiating skills. The family acquired the 52-year-old resort along with four of its original five golf courses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV