Cambia Statement On America's Health Insurance Plan's Announcement To Extend Deadline For Consumer Payments
PORTLAND, Ore., Dec. 18. 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mark Ganz, president and CEO of Cambia Health Solutions, and incoming board chair for America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), applauds today's AHIP announcement that health plans are voluntarily extending the deadline for consumers to pay their first month's premium to January 10, 2014.
"Giving people extra time to pay their first month's premium is the right thing to do for our members who are justifiably anxious and confused by problems in the state and federal health care exchanges," Ganz said. "We hope that in some small way this helps alleviate a burden during this holiday season and provides consumers who purchase their own insurance some peace of mind."
Cambia Health Solutions will continue to work closely with exchange partners to establish specific new timelines for payment. Under current rules and guidance, consumers who purchase a plan through the new state and federal marketplaces for coverage effective January 1, must select a plan by December 23 and pay the first month's premium by December 31. Extending the premium payment deadlines will help protect consumers from potential gaps in coverage.
About Cambia Health Solutions Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company based in the Pacific Northwest/Intermountain region, serving consumers and communities for nearly 100 years. Cambia companies provide a wide range of products and services, including healthcare information technology and software development, retail healthcare, health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brand, life insurance, pharmacy benefit management, consumer engagement and wellness. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealthsolutions.com.SOURCE Cambia Health Solutions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV