Taxi Drivers Will Donate Thousands To Families In Need
Taxi Drivers will Deliver $3000 Check to Northwest Harvest on Friday, December 20 at 11 A.M.
SEATTLE, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Puget Sound taxicab operators will be making a special trip this Friday. The drivers will be traveling to Northwest Harvest, where they will deliver a $3000 donation to the food bank in a show of solidarity and support of families in need this holiday season.
Members of the Western Washington Taxicab Operators Association (WWTCOA) will present food bank administrators with an oversized 3-foot check at 11 A.M. The WWTCOA, in partnership with Teamsters Local 117, started collecting the donations from taxicab operators shortly before Thanksgiving."We live and work here in the community, and this is our way of giving back during the holidays," said Parminder Cheema, a member of the WWTCOA Leadership Council. "It is our way of saying, 'Thank you' to the community that helps provide for our families by choosing taxis to get around town. As independent owner-operators of our cabs, we rely on the community for their support." WHO: Salah Mohamed Abdi, WWTCOA Leadership Council Jagjit Singh, WWTCOA Leadership Council Parminder Cheema, WWTCOA Leadership Council Dawn Gearhart, Teamsters Local 117 Puget Sound Taxicab Operators WHAT/WHEN: TAXI DONATION – NORTHWEST HARVEST Friday, December 20, 2013 11 A.M. WHERE: Northwest Harvest Food Bank 711 Cherry St, Seattle, WA 98104 SOURCE Teamsters Local Union 117
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV