NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I have been talking about, writing about and, most important, investing in stocks for my clients and myself for a long time. You do not have to be a scientist or doctor to invest in scientific or medical progress.
Of the nearly 3,800 stocks I cover in my database, most do not get white-hot overnight. Neither do they lose all their value overnight.
So I look for industries first, then companies within those industries when I am selecting investments. I use the database that I created to select the Best Stocks Now.
That is how I found Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC).Data from Best Stocks Now App I didn't hear about ANAC from a televised talking head. Nor did I read about it in the Wall Street Journal or Barron's. I found it while scouring the database that I created. ANAC is in the atopic dermatitis business. Eczema. One of its products is getting some good results and some even say it could be a new standard of treatment for this disease. But just because something is a good company in a good industry with a good even great product, it does not necessarily mean it is a good stock. ANAC became public in 2010 at $5 per share. I noticed it three months ago when it hit #23 based on my proprietary grading system. Looking at the chart, we see it has done a powerful saucer pattern from April until Mid-August of this year when ANAC broke out and rose up the ranks in my database.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV