On December 17, 2013, BankUnited, Inc. (the “Company”) (NYSE: BKU) executed the last open market sales of its Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) portfolio. The amortized cost basis of the CLOs sold was approximately $431 million, comprising the Company’s entire CLO portfolio, and the sales resulted in a net loss of approximately $1.4 million. The Company also executed sales of private label Re-Remics with an amortized cost basis of approximately $119 million at an aggregate net gain of approximately $3.8 million. The sales of the CLOs and the Re-Remics were prompted by the recent release of the Volcker Rule (Section 619 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act) and its potential impact on BankUnited’s investment activities. The Company continues to evaluate its remaining investment holdings in light of the Volcker Rule.
About BankUnited, Inc.
BankUnited, Inc. is the bank holding company of BankUnited, N.A., a national bank headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida with 99 branches in 15 Florida counties and 5 banking centers in the New York metropolitan area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV