NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP) ("BGC Partners," "BGC," or "the Company"), a leading global brokerage company primarily servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets, today announced that it has updated its outlook for the quarter ending December 31, 2013.
The Company expects its financial results for the fourth quarter of 2013 to be around the high-end of the range of its previously stated guidance for revenues and earnings. The Company's fourth quarter outlook was first published in its financial results press release dated October 31, 2013, and was as follows:
Fourth Quarter 2013 Outlook Compared with Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
- The Company expected to generate distributable earnings revenues of between approximately $400 million and $425 million compared with $436.3 million.
- BGC Partners expected pre-tax distributable earnings to be between approximately $36 million and $44 million versus $35.1 million.
- The Company anticipated its effective tax rate for distributable earnings to remain unchanged at approximately 14.5 percent.
BGC's fourth quarter and full year 2013 financial results announcement is currently expected to be issued before the market open on
Wednesday, February 12, 2014. Confirmation of this date and details of the related conference call will be forthcoming in a later press release.
Distributable Earnings DefinedBGC Partners uses non-GAAP financial measures including "revenues for distributable earnings," "pre-tax distributable earnings" and "post-tax distributable earnings," which are supplemental measures of operating performance that are used by management to evaluate the financial performance of the Company and its subsidiaries. BGC Partners believes that distributable earnings best reflect the operating earnings generated by the Company on a consolidated basis and are the earnings which management considers available for distribution to BGC Partners, Inc. and its common stockholders, as well as to holders of BGC Holdings partnership units during any period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts