NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When it comes to marijuana, it turns out men are bigger potheads than women. There is also a generational difference that would cause Nancy Reagan to shake her head in dismay.
If buying pot were legal, men would buy it just about anywhere, whereas women think it should only be sold in certain places. According to a recent survey by TheStreet, both genders agreed legal marijuana should be available in pharmacies or marijuana dispensaries. But beyond those locations, the genders differed dramatically.
Men clearly see buying pot at a liquor store, the height of convenience, with 43% in favor. A bottle of tequila and some Acapulco Gold, please. Only 34% of women think this is such a good idea.
The results split even more over the idea of selling pot at a coffee shop, with men favoring this option twice as much as women. Talk about saving time, 18% of men thinks it's OK to pick up some weed at the supermarket, vs. only 7% of women. Beer aisle? Behind the counter with cigarettes? How about produce, next to the other greens?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV