DETROIT, Dec. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced a new version of Compuware APM Real User Monitoring for Mobile and Web Apps powered by dynaTrace and PurePath Technology TM. This new release delivers the industry's first end-to-end APM solution for hybrid mobile applications that use a combination of both native and HTML5 technology, the industry's most popular mobile architecture. In addition, auto-instrumentation has been added for fast, easy set-up even for applications that companies might not build themselves.
Compuware APM delivers greater insight through a more intuitive approach than any other real-user monitoring solution in the industry. Organizations using Compuware APM as part of their mobile strategy capture all transaction from all users 24x7 regardless of mobile device or application type – native, web or hybrid. Root cause is quickly determined in a single click, help desks now have full visit history at their fingertips, user experience can be systematically improved and more.
With the recent surge in mobile, Compuware APM's Hybrid Mobile support comes at a perfect time, as mobile performance becomes more important than ever. A recent consumer survey conducted by Harris Interactive for Compuware APM revealed 37 percent of smartphone and tablet users will go to a competitor if response time is over three seconds."After we launched our app with Compuware's APM mobile monitoring solution, we were immediately impressed by their unique end-to-end PurePath technology pointing us directly to unnecessary database calls that had a huge impact on the mobile user's experience," explained Florian Kranawetter, Product Manager at bluesource, a mobile commerce solution provider headquartered in Austria. New features and capabilities in Compuware APM Real User Monitoring for Mobile and Web Apps include:
- One Solution for Mobile Native, Hybrid and Web Apps: enables organizations to optimize all mobile customer channels, and understand where to invest engineering power that is properly aligned to the needs of the business.
- Crash Reports Automatically Collected and Analyzed: provides thread- and code-level insight into root causes which can be shared easily across teams. Additionally, key metrics like battery status, if the device was root-kited or not, geo-location, and more are collected.
- Automatic Instrumentation: provides easy insight into any Android app without the need for code changes. While built for production user demand, it also enables the application development lifecycle and includes use case support for continuous integration and delivery scenarios.
- Out-of-the-Box Dashboards: provides end-to-end visibility into every tap, every swipe and every user interaction, 24x7 in production.
- Long-term, Historical Data Retention: needed to easily assess business performance.
- Immediate User Complaint Resolution: provides always-on insight and powerful search capabilities to identify user by name, city, country and device type for fast visit retrieval and analysis.
- Reduced Mean-Time-To-Repair (MTTR): provides insight into real user transactions with one click to root cause analysis.