NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MFA Financial, Inc. (NYSE: MFA) announced today that its Board of Directors has appointed George H. Krauss, currently the company's Lead Director, as MFA's non-executive Chairman effective January 1, 2014. Mr. Krauss will assume the role of Chairman from Stewart Zimmerman, MFA's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, who is resigning from the company's Board of Directors concurrent with his previously announced retirement as CEO at the end of 2013.
Mr. Krauss has been a director of MFA since 1997 and has been the Board's Lead Director since May 2012. Mr. Krauss has been a Managing Director of The Burlington Capital Group, LLC since 2010 and was a consultant to Burlington Capital from 1997 to 2010. From 1972 to 1997, Mr. Krauss practiced law with Kutak Rock LLP, serving as such firm's managing partner from 1983 to 1993, and, from 1997 to 2006, was Of Counsel to such firm.
MFA is a real estate investment trust primarily engaged in the business of investment, on a leveraged basis, in Agency and Non-Agency residential mortgage-backed securities.
CONTACT: MFA Investor Relations 800-892-7547 www.mfafinancial.comSOURCE MFA Financial, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV